Rats are, unfortunately, a common sight in Round Rock, TX. They're pesky, destructive, and can be hard to get rid of on your own. If you're struggling with a rat problem, an exterminator can help identify where the rats are coming from and put an end to the infestation.
Which types of rats are common in Round Rock, TX?
Several different types of rats call Round Rock, TX home. The most common include the roof rat, the Norway rat, and the house mouse.
- The roof rat is the most common type of rat in Round Rock, TX. They are black or dark brown with long tails and can grow up to 18 inches long. Roof rats are good climbers and often live in trees or attics.
- The Norway rat is the second most common rat in Round Rock, TX. They are brown with short tails and can grow up to 16 inches long. They live in burrows underground and often come out at night. Norway rats are known to carry diseases such as typhus and leptospirosis.
- The house mouse is the third most common type of rat in Round Rock, TX. They are small and light brown with long tails. They live in houses and other buildings and can be found anywhere there is food.
Common places to find rats
Rats are one of the most common pests in the United States. They are often found in homes, businesses, and other structures. There are a few familiar places where rats like to hide and nest.
- One common place to find rats is in the attic. Rats will often enter homes through holes in the roof or gaps in the eaves. Once they are in the attic, they will build nests out of insulation or other materials. They may also gnaw on wires or wood beams.
- Another common place to find rats is in the basement. Basements provide a cool, dark, and moist environment that rats find ideal for nesting. They will often build nests under stairs or in storage areas. Rats may also be found in crawl spaces or behind walls.
- Rats also love hiding out in your kitchen. One common place is near the garbage can or other food storage container. Rats are attracted to food waste and often make their homes close to sources of food. Another common place to find rats in your kitchen is under the sink. This is because water sources are sometimes under the sink, and rats need water to survive. Finally, you may also find rats in your kitchen pantry, which attracts rats.
Benefits of using a rat exterminator
If you have rats in your home, getting rid of them as soon as possible is essential. Not only are they unsightly, but they can also carry diseases. One of the best ways to get rid of rats is to hire a professional exterminator. Here are some of the benefits of using a rat exterminator:
- A rat exterminator will have the proper tools and equipment to quickly and efficiently eliminate your rat problem.
- A rat exterminator will know how to find all of the rats in your home, even if they're hiding in hard-to-reach places.
- A rat exterminator may use humane methods to get rid of the rats, so you can feel good about the process.
How to choose an excellent rat exterminator
When you have rats in your home, it's important to choose an excellent rat exterminator to get rid of them. Here are a few tips on how to choose an excellent rat exterminator:
- Make sure the exterminator is licensed and insured. This will protect you in case anything goes wrong during the extermination process.
- Ask for references from previous clients, which will give you an idea of the quality of work the exterminator does.
- Make sure the exterminator has plenty of experience with rats. You don't want to hire someone who is inexperienced and might not be able to get rid of the rats effectively.
- Get a written estimate before hiring the exterminator, so you know how much it will cost and what services will be included.
In conclusion, if you are having problems with rats in Round Rock, TX, the best thing to do is to call a professional rat exterminator like DM Pest Control. They will be able to get rid of your rat problem quickly and efficiently.