What are scorpions, and what do they look like?
Scorpions are a type of arachnid that have eight legs and are distinguishable by their long, curved tails and their two large pincers. These creepy creatures are related to spiders, ticks, and mites. The scorpion's tail has a stinger at the end, which is used for injecting venom into its prey. Scorpions can be found worldwide but are most common in warm climates like Texas. They come in many different colors but are typically brown or black, ranging in size from 1 inch to 8 inches long.
While they are not typically aggressive, scorpions can inflict a painful sting. In fact, scorpions can even be beneficial as they consume other pests. However, you certainly do not want scorpions in your home! Scorpions are venomous creatures that can cause harm to humans. They also invade homes in search of food or shelter, making them a nuisance. In some parts of the world, scorpions also carry diseases that can harm humans. It is understandable why someone would not want scorpions in their home for all of these reasons.
What are the dangers of scorpions?
- A scorpion's sting can cause pain, swelling, numbness, and even death. Elderly people and children are the most at risk for severe scorpion sting reactions. Symptoms such as pain, tingling, numbness, difficulty breathing, muscle spasms, and vomiting can occur after a scorpion sting.
- Scorpions have the ability to spread disease.
- Scorpions are known to hide in dark places, such as shoes or clothing, which could lead to a person being stung if they aren't careful.
How do you get rid of scorpions?
Unfortunately, in Leander, TX, scorpions are common, so you will definitely want to know how to get rid of them. Here are a few things you can do to eliminate these burdensome pests.
- The first thing that you can do is try to remove their hiding places. Scorpions like to hide in dark places, so remove any clutter or debris from your yard or home.
- Use traps to catch and kill scorpions. There are a few different types of traps that you can use, including glue boards and pitfall traps. Be sure to check the traps regularly and dispose of the dead scorpions properly.
- Seal any cracks or openings in your home's exterior with caulk or expanding foam. Make sure you also check around your doors and windows for any gaps.
- Try using a vacuum to remove them from your home. Scorpions are attracted to light, so you can try turning off all of the lights in your home and using a flashlight to search for them.
- If you find a scorpion, use a broom or a dustpan to trap it and release it outside.
What are the benefits of using a professional scorpion control service?
The best way to get rid of scorpions is to call a professional. They can identify the scorpion species and use the appropriate method to eliminate them. Home remedies, like using a vacuum cleaner or insecticide, may not effectively remove all scorpions. Here are more reasons to call a professional trained in dealing with scorpions:
- Scorpions are a household pest common to Leander, Texas, that can be difficult to get rid of.
- A professional scorpion control service can help you quickly and effectively eliminate these pests.
- Professional scorpion control services have the knowledge and experience to identify and treat the source of the infestation.
- They also have the tools and equipment to remove scorpions from your home safely.
- Using a professional scorpion control service can provide peace of mind knowing that the job is done properly and that the scorpions will not return.
Scorpions can be dangerous pests, but with the help of a professional service, they can be eliminated quickly and safely. If you think you may have a scorpion problem in your Leander, TX home, immediately call the leader in scorpion elimination, DM Pest Control, and get back to feeling at peace in your home again.